Can you Pass an EI (E-mail
TEST YOUR E-MAIL EFFECTIVENESS. (Do Not
Yes, this is a real test!
If your job requires you to create business e-mail messages, you
need to know the answers to ALL of the following questions.
Remember those good, old school days when you took tests.
The following test contains 25 questions. That means you get four
points for each one you answer correctly.
Take the test to see if you get a passing grade.
By the way, a passing grade for your business e-mails is 100!
If you would like to print the test in pdf format,
If you would like to take the test now, read on.
1. What three valuable personal and organizational assets are at
stake each time you send an e-mail?
2. List three jobs a powerful subject line must perform.
3. The people who are listed in the "To" area are people who (a)
______________, (b) __________, (c) ___________, or (d) ____________
4. What does CC mean and how do you use the CC correctly?
Hint - It doesn't mean "Carbon Copy."
5. What does BCC mean, and how do you use it correctly?
6. Why is "Reply to all" the most dangerous button in e-mail?
7. State one general rule for the e-mail greeting.
8. What are the four important jobs of a topic sentence?
9. What is the maximum length of a topic sentence?
10. What three jobs to bullets perform?
11. What universal key should you use in creating bullets?
12. Why should you avoid using the "Tab" key in e-mail?
13. Name three general rules for using headings correctly in e-mail.
14. States the two main jobs of the close in e-mail.
15. Why is a signature file important in e-mail?
16. State a general rule for using attachments in e-mail.
17. State a general rule for using the reading pane or the preview
18. State a general role for using the spelling option.
19. How many words per sentence should your average in paper
20. How many words per sentence should your average in e-mail?
21. Why should the average words per sentence in e-mail be different
from the average words per sentence with paper documents?
22. What universal font should you use with your e-mails?
22. Do you know how e-mail is being used to foster employee
24. What words should you avoid in e-mail messages?
25. What one word would you use to describe your use of bold font,
underlining, italics, color, emoticons, and abbreviations?
How did you do?
This test is based on a
53 minute video I created from a series of
webinars I presented recently.
For a seven minute preview of that video, click:
e-mail webinar preview
Al, please contact me about creating a license to
provide access to the entire 53 minute video for all of the
employees in my organizations.
Yes, I know. You know at least five people you need
Thank you for spreading the word.
Al Borowski, MEd, CSP, PP
Certified Speaking Professional
Professor of Positivity
Connect all the Dots
PO Box 24505
Pittsburgh, PA 15234
877-902-3314 Toll Free
Seek Knowledge. Pursue Wisdom. Share the
Communication Skills involved in
presentation skills, writing
come together when
Al Borowski helps you
Connect all the Dots. Al's
high energy, content-rich, fun-filled presentations and his books, articles
and multi-media resources help business professionals get the complete
picture when they speak, listen or write.
©Al Borowski 2007 All rights
Get Rid of SPAM Easily and Quickly